For more than a week now, It has been my habit every morning after saying a prayer that I took my bible to read the book of Proverbs and the moment I started reading the book It excites me to turn the page to another to know those wisdom God has bestow upon Solomon. The book of Proverbs is full of wisdom that can be apply in the day to day living, it teaches how to avoid trouble, how to deal with hard people, how to bless those who abuse you and there's a lot lot more.
To share some of those compiled sayings that I have copied and post it in my wall, here are those:
- Many are the plans in a man's heart , but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. Prov. 19:21
- To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice. Prov. 21:3
- He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity. Prov. 21:23
- Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have wisdom to show restraint. Prov. 23:4
- Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice, or the Lord will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from him. Prov. 24:17-18
-Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. Prov. 27:1
- He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy. Prov.28:13
About the book of Proverbs: The book of Proverbs is referred to as wisdom literature along with several others: the book of Job, Ecclesiastes, the Song of Solomon, and certain Psalms, known as wisdom psalms.
Throughout Proverbs, wisdom (or the wise person) is compared and contrasted with foolishness (or the fool). 'Fool' in Proverbs indicates one who is lacking in wisdom and uninterested in instruction, not one who is merely silly or playful (though see the words of Agur for a "fool" who has wisdom, and could be seen as playful). Wisdom is held up as something worth effort to attain and the reader is told that it starts with the person of YHWH: "The fear of YHWH is the beginning of wisdom." ( taken from wikepedia)