Wow, Year 2011 is almost over few more hours to go and we will witness the changing of the Year and I guess everyone is excited, excited as I am right now. On my previous post I mention that what was trending right now is about New Years Resolution that I remember during my tertiary days my Teacher would always give this topic as our take home assignment, and it never stop until I graduated. I would always have the hard time thinking over and over what was those attitude, area of reinforcement, weaknesses and character that I need to list down that needs assessment and resolution. Anyway, that was just me , my New Years Resolution would always fall that way on attitude. Because I thought it was all about that way, promising yourself that you'll be good and better for the following year. Doing what's best and leaving the worst behind but using those experiences along the way by viewing it positively.
What is New Years Resolution anyway? According to wikipedia , it is a commitment that a person makes to one or more lasting personal goals, projects, or the reforming of a habit. Hmm, sounds good and simple as counting one two and three. But the question is, do we really mean this commitment? or we are just only listing those resolution and keep it on our notes, (for future reference ) for us to laugh on or shall I say to regret of not acting it then we reach our age that we can no longer practice our New Years Resolution. Well, we do it or not, It is still us at the end who will be responsible for those list that we inked in our notes.
I have list down here some of the famous New Years Resolution that I have gathered within my sphere of influence.And summarize them, see If you can relate to some :)
1. I'll Quit Smoking - this is the favorite lines that we usually hear.
2. I'll Quit Drinking - Oh no, drinking on what ? I hope you won't quit drinking water, it would be hard I bet. haha. ( Famous line of my super friend who always have a huge smile when he sees a liquor.) haha.
3. I'll be faithful - Truly ? to whom ? I hope to God because he has been faithful to us since birth.
4. Be physically fit - How about mental and emotional ? cheers to that !
5. Have time for loved ones.
6. Be debt free and happy.
7. Live life to the fullest . (Because they say 2012 the world will end.)
8. To become wealthy this coming year.
9.To be generous.
10. To study hard, no more extra curricular activity outside school. ( Nice )!
12. To have focus.
13. To have a love life.
14. To pass the board exam!
15. To go out abroad this year.
16. Quit talking the lives of others. ( I like this one.) maybe it has come to her mind that it does not benefit her at all.keep it up !
17. To try something new.
18. To be organize and clean.
19. To quit on current job
20. To have a baby.
Happy New year! May we all not forget that our concerns need resolutions, yes. But we cannot do this alone on our own might, remember we have a Big God to let this list do come true by acknowledging Him of our issues and concerns, by asking His presence His guiding spirit to lead us through. For God says, I know the plans I have for you. They are plans to prosper you, not to harm you; plans to give you future and hope. (Jeremiah 29.11.)